! STOP BENDING NOW !

Saturday 20 December 2014

Sloped Shoulders Related to Kyphosis, PE and a Fix

Sloped shoulders is very common among people with PE and is both a direct consequence of the kyphosis and the sunken sternum. The idea to help the upper back towards a correct position by using a clavicle support is well known today and I have even seen suggestions from doctors on the internet, that this can help mild cases of PE. But that is without the zero drop/barefoot shoes included! The effective combination; zero drop+clavicle support is a must to even be worth trying. So here I will give my hottest tip for a long time which I have tested myself for some time and it really has a good effect.

   1. Use zero drop shoes and no heavy clothes on the upper body.
   2. At the same time as point one; use a clavicle support to help correct the spine.
   3. Be physically active (stand up and walk) around two hours.

But as always: I don’t think that the more one uses it, the better it becomes. The body needs rest in between as with all form of physical training/stress. After all, you are going to physically correct your body quite dramatically so I use it just few hours a day (at least in the initial stage which I am into right now, zero drop I use constantly, the essential base of the whole thing).  
What does the clavicle support directly do?  
When the shoulders are held back in a natural position the muscles in the upper back will be activated so that they pushes the ribs in the direction of the sunken sternum, this will straighten the spine upwards and help further lift of the sternum.
I recommend to especially take a look on this post: “Nuss Procedure vs Do-it-Yourself-Procedure”. The clavicle support will help doing exactly what is described there.

(I will soon make a post about exercises on the gym which I have found beneficial for PE).



Source: Pectus excavatum revolution blog

No comments:

Post a Comment