! STOP BENDING NOW !

Saturday 26 August 2017

Simran calls for help

LIKE other young girls Simran Dutt has plans for the future and part of her plan is to      become a dietitian, but the young Muaniweni lass is faced with an obstacle which requires assistance from members of the public.


16 year old Simran Dutt (centre) is suffering from a congenital malformation as is pleading for support. She is pictured here with her mother Sarita Kumari (right) and aunt Geeta Lata. 

Simran was born with an outward curvature known as thoraco-lumbar kyphosis or hunchback and needs $18,000 to travel to Hawaii for corrective surgery.
In order to achieve her dream, Simran needs to be operated on by surgeons at the Shriners Children's Hospital in Hawaii and the window of opportunity for that much needed operation is in October.
"The doctors told my family, that this is the only time I can get the operation because when I reach the age of 20, they cannot operate on me," she said.
"So I'm hopeful that I will be able to raise the funds in order to travel to Hawaii."
The Year 11 student of Bhawani Dayal Arya College has been forced to sit for long hours in school, something she detests because sitting for long hours causes her immense pain.
"My back hurts me so much, when I sit for long hours. And I don't have a choice but to be in school," Simran said with a smile.
Her CWM Hospital medical report stated she was "worked up" in the orthopaedic clinic since 2015 with a history of lower back swelling, pain and the symptoms have been progressing and is getting worse.
Simran's mother, Sarita Kumari, said they need only $18,000 for accommodation costs as they will have to be in Hawaii for three months or more depending on her daughter's recovery.
Fijians wishing to assist Simran can do so by depositing funds into her bank account. ANZ Bank account # 9344238.



Source : The Fiji Times Online , 23rd August 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment